To be considered for admission to the Graduate Certificate in Medical Neuroscience, students must:
- Have a bachelor’s degree in a biological science background
- Have a minimum cumulative undergraduate grade point average of 2.5
- Write a reflective essay describing how the certificate will enhance their professional and personal development
Note: GRE scores are not required for admission
Applications for Fall Semester admission are due on May 1 of each year.
Applications for Spring Semester admission are due on October 1 of each year.
How to Apply
For consideration, submit the following materials:
- Complete the online MSU Application for Graduate Study. Choose to submit the Graduate Certificate application. The certificate program code is 7135. After you have completed your application, please feel free to contact the Neuroscience Program office at email@example.com anytime after the application deadline to verify your application is complete. Our admissions committee does not review incomplete applications.
- The application fee of $65 (online submission with MSU Application) - For all applicants domestic and international. University policy states that applications will not be processed unless the application fee is paid, without exception.
- A personal statement (email to firstname.lastname@example.org) - Describe your interest in pursuing graduate education in Medical Neuroscience. Explain how the certificate will enhance your professional and personal development. Include relevant information such as work and educational background, personal attributes and qualities, and other experiences that will help you succeed in this program.
NOTE: Please leave the Personal Statement portion of your online application blank, and instead email your statement directly to us.
- Transcripts (mail directly to Neuroscience Program) - From ALL institutions attended after high school. These must be originals in signed and sealed envelopes, no copies accepted.
- Neuroscience Program
Michigan State University
293 Farm Lane Room 108
East Lansing, MI 48824-1101
Phone: (517) 353-8947
Fax: (517) 432-2744
- Neuroscience Program
Michigan residents: $698.50 per credit hour
Non-residents: $895.25 per credit hour
Individuals interested in taking our courses as a non-degree seeking student can apply for MSU Lifelong Education status. There are no admissions requirements to apply for Lifelong Education.
If you choose to apply to the Medical Neuroscience Graduate Certificate Program after completing some coursework, the Admissions Committee does take prior coursework into consideration. However, the Neuroscience Program cannot guarantee a seat in a program even with successful completion of coursework. Up to 9 Lifelong Education credits may be converted to graduate credit if accepted to a program, provided they are approved courses.
Current MSU Graduate Students
All current MSU graduate students studying in a science field are invited to enroll in our courses.