Claire E. Manning
- Graduate Students
Faculty Advisor: AJ Robison
B.S., 2013, University of California, Davis
B.A., 2013, University of California, Davis
Entered Program in 2014
Academic and Research Background
Started PreMed and caught up in studying the neuroendocrinology of stress with Dr. Brian Trainor. This brought me to Michigan State.
Current Research Interests
Potential sex differences of transcriptional mechanisms after chronic stress
Outside of lab I enjoy the outdoors, cooking, and brewing.
- Manning, C.E., Williams, E.S., Robison, A.J. (2017). Reward Network Immediate Early Gene Expression in Mood Disorders. Frontiers in Behavioral Neuroscience, 11,77. 10.3389/fnbeh.2017.00077
- Steinman, M.Q., Duque-Wilckens, N., Greenberg, G.D., Hao, R.C., Campi, K.L., Laredo, S.A., Laman-Maharg, A., Manning, C.E., Doig, I.E., Lopez, E.M., Walsh, K., Bales, K.L., Trainor, B.C. (2015). Sex-specific effects of stress on oxytocin neurons correspond with responses to intranasal oxytocin. Biological Psychiatry.
- Steinman, M. Q., Laredo, S. a, Lopez, E. M., Manning, C. E., Hao, R. C., Doig, I. E., Campi, K. L., et al. (2014). Hypothalamic vasopressin systems are more sensitive to the long term effects of social defeat in males versus females. Psychoneuroendocrinology, 51C, 122–134.
Posters and Presentations
- Manning C.E*,Eagle A.L*, Wirtz A.J., Al Masraf B.A., Caraballo-Perez D.T, Gajewski P.A., Mazei-Robison M.S., Robison A.J. (2017) Circuit-specific Ventral Hippocampus ?FosB Expression Mediates Resilience in the Social Defeat Model of Depression.Michigan Society for Neuroscience annual chapter meeting, Ann Arbor, MI, 2017. #B17
- Manning C.E*,Eagle A.L*, Caraballo-Perez D.T, Gajewski P.A., Mazei-Robison M.S., Robison A.J. (2016) DeltaFosB expression in the hippocampus regulates behavior in the social defeat model of depression. Society for Neuroscience 45th annual meeting, San Diego, CA, 2016. # 541.25M
- Manning C.E, Eagle A.L, Gajewski P.A., Mazei-Robison M.S., Robison A.J. (2015) Role of Ventral Hippocampal ?FosB in Social Defeat Responses and Antidepressant Action. American College of Neuropsychopharmacology, Ft. Lauderdale, FL, 2015. Program # T81
- Manning C.E, Cooper S.E, Eagle A.L., Thibault M., Gajewski P., Mazei-Robison M.S., Robison A.J. (2015) FosB expression in ventral hippocampus regulates behavior in the social defeat model of depression. Society for Neuroscience 44th annual meeting, Chicago, IL 2015