Links of Interest
- Society for Neuroscience
- Michigan Chapter - Society for Neuroscience
- Society for Behavioral Neuroendocrinology
- The Faculty for Undergraduate Neuroscience
- Society for Research on Biological Rhythms
- Experimental Biology Conference
- American Physiological Society
- American Society for Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics
Neuroanatomy & Atlases
- The Neuroscience behind social media use
There’s no official medical diagnosis for excessive social media use — at least not yet. However, new research suggests that compulsive use of online social networking sites may be more than just an innocuous habit.
- What do you hear? Laurel or Yanny
In this video from the McGovern institute for Brain Research at MIT, PhD students Dana Boebinger and Kevin Sitek, unpack the science around this hot debat
- It's not my fault, my brain implant made me do it
Lawyers, philosophers and ethicists have labored to define the conditions under which individuals are to be judged legally and morally responsible for their actions.
- Post-Baccalaureate training opportunity
Oregon Health & Science University is offering a new neuroscience post-baccalaureate training opportunity which will begin September 2018. We are currently recruiting applicants through June 1, 2018. Please see the attached flyer for more details. The program is specifically for individuals from NIH underrepresented groups.
- William Yakah: Connecting the Dots
William is a junior majoring in neuroscience and is a College of Natural Science Dean's Research Scholar. Yakah is an international student who hails from Accra, Ghana.
- Darwin Day talk in Grand Rapids February 8th
Our human mind has evolved from an ape mind over the past six million years. How have our brains and genes changed to bring this about