- Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Awards (NRSA) for Individual Postdoctoral Fellows (Parent F32) - To provide postdoctoral research training to individuals to broaden their scientific background and extend their potential for research in specified health-related areas.
- NIH Pathway to Independence (PI) Award (K99/R00) - The primary goal of this pilot initiative is to facilitate receiving an R01 award earlier in a research career and to assist investigators in securing a stable research position during the critical transition stage of their career.
- Research Supplements to Promote Diversity in Health-Related Research (Admin Supp) - This program is designed to provide support for research experiences for individuals from the identified groups throughout the continuum from high school to the faculty level; all NIH awarding components participate.
- NIH Office of Intramural Training and Education
- NIH Loan Repayment Program - NIH wants to encourage outstanding health professionals to pursue careers in biomedical, behavioral, social, and clinical research. If you commit at least two years to conducting qualified research funded by a domestic nonprofit organization or U.S. federal, state, or local government entity, NIH may repay up to $35,000 of your qualified student loan debt per year, including most undergraduate, graduate, and medical school loans.